working with barry group
At Barry Group, we are comprised of a team of disruptors, innovators, thought leaders, industry specialists and solution focused professionals with a deep pride in our work.
We have high expectations for our team members and our collective output, but in our positive team-led culture, that is how we like it. True to our core as a family run business, we treat our team members sa family and focus on the journey ahead and our collective future success.
We are passionate about what we do, but embrace fun, laughter and friendship along the journey. Our success is collective, after all, we are one team with a shared plan and vision aiming to achieve greatness in all that we do.
Our Commercial Department is comprised of Buying, Sales, Store Development, Fresh Food Advisory and Marketing.
- Buying: The core purpose of our buying team is to optimise the sales and profitability for both our customer and the Barry Group. This is achieved by building relationships with both our internal and external customers, together with our suppliers. The purpose of the prioritisation of these relationships is to enable effective sourcing and supply of products in time, at the optimum price and quantity, while remailing vigilant on costs and cashflow.
- Sales: Comprised of our Inside Sales and Field Sales teams, the sales department support both our franchise and general wholesale customers. They ensure they are profitable, relevant and sustainable businesses, while providing an exceptional experience in both service and value.
- Store Development: Our Store Development Team management and implementation of the fitout of new stores or revamps on existing stores.
- Fresh Food Advisory: Liaising with our franchise Account Managers, our Fresh Food Advisory team offer education and advise to our franchise stores on their approach to the fresh food produce from their deli.
- Marketing: Servicing all of our business channels, our Marketing department is the source of our portfolio of brands strategic direction and brand management. This department develops immersive marketing approaches to enhance our business offering in the eyes of both our retail partners and the end customers and consumers.
The purpose of the Finance team is to accurately record financial transactions and report on past financial performance. This team prepares financial reports, budgets and forecasts to allow informed business decision making. Additionally, this team ensure the safeguarding of and advising on company finances, cash flow and working capital management.
The Human Resource (HR) team provide the HR infrastructure to enable our Management Team to lead our team members to deliver the company goals through personal achievement. At all times, this department ensures a high performance, positive team environment is achieved.
The Information Technology (IT) team provide best in class IT solutions to support our business on an ongoing basis. This team aims to support each department by maintaining the integrity of the IT infrastructure.
The Logistics team is formed of our warehouse and transportation teams. This team operate the logistics infrastructure to receipt, store, assemble and deliver products to our customer base and an efficient and timely manner.